I was trying to figure out what to make for supper when it dawned on me that I had noodles, tuna, and cream of mushroom soup on hand; all gluten free of course. With these three main staples and some others on hand, I made some delicious gluten free tuna noodle casserole. So here’s the recipe:
1 can of tuna
1 box of gluten free rotini noodles
1 box of gluten free cream of mushroom soup (I used 12 oz. box of Pacific cream of mushroom soup)
1/4 cup of chopped onions
1/4 cup of gluten free bread crumbs
1 package of shredded cheese (equals to 2 cups)
1/2 package of frozen peas
a dash of salt
a dash of pepper
1. Make pasta according to the directions in the box (I had my water boil for 4 minutes, and then put the peas in to cook on low with the pasta for additional 4 minutes).
2. Drain pasta and peas.
3. Mix the pasta and peas with one box of cream of mushroom soup, onions, salt, and pepper.
4. Pour into a greased casserole dish.
5. Spread bread crumbs over the mixture.
6. Spread shredded cheese over the bread crumbs.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
8. Let it cool for 5 minutes, eat, and enjoy.
This was an easy and delicious supper to make, plus it was gluten free. We are slowly making the transition to all gluten free foods as we use up our other foods. So the next time you are wondering what to make and you have these ingredients on hand; give it a try. You won’t be disappointed.